About getting to the event:
The Barnes & Thornburg offices are one block south of Monument Circle, on the southeast corner at the intersection of Meridian and Washington Streets. The entrance to the building is off Meridian, and you will have to check in with the front desk. Although there are other lots in the vicinity, convenient parking is available in the Circle Centre Mall. The closest access point for Mall parking is the ramp entrance from the far left lane of Washington Street.
About the event:
ICI is pleased to invite you to a workshop, “Implementing Title IX, Clery Act, and VAWA for Sexual Violence Prevention and Response” on October 22, 2014.
The workshop is designed for campus administrators and investigators who are responsible for conducting and overseeing sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking investigations on your campus. Attendees will learn how to comply with the new Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act requirements which amended Clery Act and Title IX mandates. These new requirements take effect in October 2014.
The workshop will provide you with the latest information and answer your questions with straight-forward and usable expert advice. This workshop will be of great value to Student Affairs professionals, Student Conduct Officers, Campus Police and Public Safety professionals, and Title IX Coordinators. Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues.
Some of the key topics that will be covered are:
- Title IX Coordinator: Role of the Coordinator, including intake of complaint, what constitutes “notice" and confidentiality versus privacy.
- Title IX Investigator: Requests for confidentiality, gathering evidence, dealing with reluctant witnesses, assessing credibility and managing outside law enforcement.
- New Clery Act considerations: Reporting and policy requirements.
- New VAWA/SaVE considerations: Training and education requirements.
- Intersections between the Clery Act, Title IX, and VAWA.
- Considerations for investigating sexual misconduct involving individuals who identify as LGBTQ.
- Multicultural implications in conducting sexual misconduct, sexual violence and Title IX investigations.
Instructor: Charlotte Westerhaus-Renfrow, ChangePro, LLC and Senior Lecturer, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Indianapolis.