ICI is searching for a Director of Partnerships, a newly-created position. Learn more here
Friday, July 10, 2015
Posted by: Ann Gilly
Director of Partnerships
The Independent Colleges of Indiana, Inc. (ICI) invites applications and nominations for a newly created position — Director of Partnerships. As America's first and one of its leading consortia of private, nonprofit colleges and universities, ICI supports 31 member institutions and their more than 100,000 students through public policy education, communications and public relations, research, collaborative partnerships, and resource/process enhancements. We are headquartered at ICI Center, a modern, technologically-enhanced facility located in downtown Indianapolis. Indianapolis is one of the nation’s most livable cities and home to world-class institutions of culture and sports.
Reporting directly to the ICI President, the Director of Partnerships will experience an empowering, collegial, and fast-paced environment. He/she will build, leverage, and project scaleable initiatives of significant impact across the range of processes found int the business of higher education (i.e., academic, technological, financial, administrative). The Director of Partnerships will work with some of America’s finest innovators to shape the course of higher education in Indiana and beyond.
This leader will help secure 21st century solutions for higher education’s biggest operational challenges. He/she must build strong collaborative relationships with businesses and community leaders, funders, vendors, other consortia, and especially senior administrators at ICI member institutions. Those relationships will enable the Director to foster partnerships with and among member institutions and realize the collective potential of ICI members to engage the wider business community. The Director will spur acquisition of grants to fuel those partnerships and innovations.
Ultimately, the outcomes for this position will result in collective innovations and actions to meaningfully increase operational quality and efficiencies for ICI member institutions beyond their already market-leading levels.
The ideal candidate will possess superior interpersonal and team building abilities and integrate with ease and understanding of present-day practices with a passion for the emerging and yet undefined prospects for America’s next generation of college and university innovation.
Desired qualifications include:
• A strong business acumen paired with creativity and imagination
• An MBA, JD, PMP certification or similar professional credentials, or equivalent experience
• A passionate, indefatigable energy to connect colleges with each other and business in new ways of operating
• At least 5 years of directly relevant experience
• Proven ability to spur foundations and business to act as allies
• A keen appreciation and embrace of private, non-profit higher education, its culture, values, and philanthropy (graduates of private, non-profit colleges and universities are encouraged to apply)
Review begins immediately. For best consideration, please send nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest, including:
• Letter of Interest, specifically responsive to this posting
• Name, title, and contact information of four professional references, (references will not be contacted without the candidate’s prior approval) to:
Director Partnerships Search
Independent Colleges of Indiana
30 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204