ICI is searching for a Director of Accounting, a newly-created position. Learn more here
Monday, January 4, 2016
Posted by: Ann Gilly
INDEPENDENT COLLEGES OF INDIANA, INC.
Director of Accounting
Independent Colleges of Indiana, Inc., seeks applications from motivated accountants who are interested in using their skills to help further the work of Indiana’s private, non-profit colleges and universities. As one of America’s premier consortia of private colleges, ICI supports its 31 member institutions through a comprehensive array of professional services including: public policy advocacy, media and public relations, research, collaborative partnerships, and resource enhancement. ICI acts statewide from offices located in downtown Indianapolis.
The Director of Accounting will manage accounts payable, all routine banking entries, and funds disbursement for the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program and other smaller scholarships managed by ICI.
The ideal candidate will be capable of managing a $76M balance sheet, including a variety of funds supporting several different grants and programs, and contributing as a team member in other activities advancing the organization’s mission. Strategic management of time, resources, and tasks, along with strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, will be necessary to be successful in this role. The Director of Accounting must complete tasks on time, meeting organizational, state, and federal deadlines. This person must be exceedingly well-organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of working on a variety of projects simultaneously. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business with accounting emphasis
- Ability to review and summarize financial reports and documents; prepare background documents and relay pertinent information to the ICI president, board of directors, and staff members, as well as other audiences
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to regularly conduct advanced planning in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Mac OSX and higher is also helpful.
- Experience using any non-profit accounting software, especially Sage MIP
- Degree from an ICI member institution
Please submit a letter of interest detailing the nexus between your qualifications and the position announcement, resume, and list of at least four references (references will not be contacted without your prior approval) to:
Director of Accounting Search Chair
Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.