Independent Colleges of Indiana is the collective voice for excellence and choice in higher education for all students.
As a non-profit association, ICI represents Indiana’s 31 private, non-profit, regionally-accredited colleges and universities.
WHAT WE DO:
- Public Policy Advocacy, especially in the cause of state and federally-funded student financial aid;
- Public Information and Research about the performance and contributions of the independent college sector in Indiana;
- Corporate and Foundation Fundraising, with all funds raised by ICI disbursed to member colleges;
- Development of Collaborative Services, such as group purchasing and shared services among our campuses;
- Administration of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program, along with other scholarships and grants.
- Founded in 1948 as the Associated Colleges of Indiana and serves as a fund-raising organization for Indiana’s independent colleges;
- Has the distinction of being the first cooperative statewide association of independent colleges in the nation;
- Represents Indiana’s 31 private, non-profit colleges and universities that are accredited, undergraduate degree-granting institutions of higher education
- Incorporated in 1972
- Became the merged entity of Independent Colleges of Indiana in 2005, when the Independent Colleges of Indiana Foundation legally became part of ICI.
A Timeline of our Colleges
Download the 1.8MB Print Ready PDF