The Ball Venture Fund was created in 1999 to enable the Ball Brothers Foundation to take an active role in encouraging and supporting creative efforts at Indiana’s independent colleges and universities. The program, administered by the Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI), provides seed money for innovative start-up programs at ICI member institutions. This year the Ball Venture Fund will award one or more grants; the maximum possible grant award will be $25,000. Grantees are selected through a competitive proposal process.
Only ICI member institutions are eligible to participate. ICI Institutions may submit multiple proposals. Collaboration between ICI member institutions is encouraged.
- Proposals are due on April 22, 2016 by 5:00 pm (EDT) and must be submitted using the on-line form below.
- Proposals should be no more than five pages long, including the cover page. Upload cover page and proposal as one document.
- The cover page should be on institution letterhead and must include the following:
1. Program/Project Title
2. Brief Overview of the Program (300 words or less)
3. Name of Institution
4. Complete mailing address
5. Name and professional title of person submitting the proposal.
6. Phone number (with area code)
7. Email address
- Proposals will be evaluated on innovation and risk taking.
- Include background information on your institution including location, number of students and faculty, and related information.
- Clearly define your proposed project/program and state goals as measurable objectives.
- Provide a thorough timeline and detailed budget for the proposed project/program.
- Explain how you will evaluate the project/program and how success will be measured.
- Explain how other institutions or organizations could replicate the project/program.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 22, 2016 BY 5:00 PM (EDT)
Winners will be announced in June 2016.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact:
Linda Meador, Executive Assistant for Advancement, email@example.com (317) 236-6088