WHO WE ARE
Independent Colleges of Indiana is the collective voice for excellence and choice in higher education for all students. As a non-profit association, ICI represents Indiana’s 29 private, non-profit, regionally-accredited colleges and universities.
What We Do
- Public Policy Advocacy, especially in the cause of state and federally-funded student financial aid;
- Public Information and Research about the performance and contributions of the independent college sector in Indiana;
- Corporate and Foundation Fundraising, with all funds raised by ICI disbursed to member colleges;
- Development of Collaborative Services, such as group purchasing and shared services among our campuses;
- Administration of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program, along with other scholarships and grants.
% Students Receiving Financial Aid
- Founded in 1948 as the Associated Colleges of Indiana, originally to serve as a fund-raising organization for Indiana’s independent colleges;
- Has the distinction of being the first cooperative statewide association of independent colleges in the nation;
- Represents Indiana’s 29 private, non-profit colleges and universities that are accredited, undergraduate degree-granting institutions of higher education;
- Became the merged entity of Independent Colleges of Indiana in 2005, when the Independent Colleges of Indiana Foundation legally became part of ICI.
Independent Colleges of Indiana
30 South Meridian Street, Suite 800
Indianapolis, IN 46204
ICI Center is located in the Kite Building. The entrance is next to the Oceanaire restaurant. Walk in and you will immediately see the security desk. Please give them your name and the person at ICI you are coming to see. Security will call us or check an attendee list to allow you entrance. Take an elevator up to the 8th floor. Turn left out of the elevator and proceed to the end of the hall. Take the hall to the right to find the restrooms.
For parking suggestions, please visit Indy Downtown Parking or park at one of these nearby garages:
- Sun Garage: We recommend the Sun Garage mall parking. Enter on the left side of Washington Street between Meridian and Illinois. You will see the Arts Garden over the street ahead. Take the escalator to Mall level 1 and walk toward the Washington Street exit. Turn right and walk to the corner or Washington and Meridian streets. Turn right again on Meridian and walk half a block to our entrance just past Napolese Restaurant on the right side of the street.
- Moon Garage: If Sun Garage is full, continue south on Meridian and turn right on Georgia Street. The garage entrance is half a block down on the right. There is a stair well behind the entrance that will take you up to Georgia Street; turn left and walk to the corner of Georgia and Meridian streets. Turn left again and walk a block and a half to our entrance on the left side of the street just past Oceanaire restaurant.
- Street meter parking with limits of 2-4 hours may also be available. Click here for directions for using the meter and paying with a credit card. You are also able to add additional time on the meter from your smartphone using the Parkmobile app from wherever you are. Our zip code for searching is 46204.
In bad weather, you may take the escalator or elevator up to the third floor of the mall (M3) and call us at 317-236-6090. We will meet you at the food court and escort you in the back entrance.
Forgot something or just need to drop something off? 20 Minute parking is located directly in front of our building. Let Security know you will be right back.