STAFF ACCOUNTANT – GRANTS
The Staff Accountant – Grants position is employed by Independent Colleges of Indiana, to work for participating campuses. These campuses are currently Indiana Wesleyan University and Indiana Institute of Technology. The shared employee will divide their time between the campuses as needed. They are responsible for pre- and post-award grant accounting, including internal and external reporting and maintaining compliance with Uniform Guidance, other regulations, and grant agreements. Serve as member of the team for each grant, working with each university in the context of each grant to ensure proper use and reporting of funds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create pre-award budgets and pro-forma financial statements.
- Perform all post-award grant accounting, including journal entries, reconciling and preparing accurate and timely monthly reports for internal monitoring of funds received, spent and remaining for each grant.
- Ensure compliance with Uniform Guidance, other applicable statutes and regulations and terms of grant agreements.
- Prepare grant reports required by external funding organizations and other required financial documentation.
- Work with other finance team members to understand grant terms and established budgets.
- Prepare requests and supporting documentation for timely draw down of grant funds and/or reimbursement requests.
- Attend routine meetings with each grant team and/or principal investigator to provide financial updates and ensure funds are being used in accordance with the grant and spent in a timely manner. Virtual or in-person attendance to be determined with supervisor.
- Analyzing variances between actual and budgeted expenses and revenue for grant or university grant matching departments.
- Prepares audit work sheets, schedules, reports and supporting documentation to be used during grant audits by federal, state or other related agencies and external auditors.
- Conduct special analysis as requested and provide resolutions and recommendations.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
MEASURES OF ACCOMPLISHMENT
- Will be determined when annual goals and objectives are set with supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Products (Excel and Word) and general computer skills
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Understanding of Uniform Guidance
- Ability to meet manage one’s own schedule deadlines and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for each campus and between campuses.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing.
- 2 years of related work experience
Work can be performed in a remote work environment but some on campus time will be necessary. Proximity to both campuses will be helpful so that the employee can be present on each campus as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
ICI is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested individuals should submit their resume, a letter of interest, and three references via email to Laura Bridges at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Grants Accountant” in the subject line of your email.