The Ball Venture Fund was created in 1998 to enable the Ball Brothers Foundation to take an active role in encouraging and supporting creative efforts at Indiana’s independent colleges and universities. The program, administered by the Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI), provides seed money for innovative start-up programs at ICI member institutions. Innovation and risk-taking will be encouraged as the key elements again this year. Other elements we are looking for include sustainability, community impact, and collaboration. The maximum possible single grant award will be $25,000. Grantees are selected through a competitive proposal process.
Only ICI member institutions are eligible to participate. ICI Institutions may submit multiple proposals (maximum of three). Collaboration between ICI member institutions is encouraged. Proposals are due by Friday, March 31, 2023, and must be submitted using the link below. They should be uploaded to the form as one file and titled as follows: Institution Name – Project/Program Name – BVF 2023.
For the ease of our reviewers, the one-page cover letter should be on institutional letterhead and must include the following in this order:
- Name of Institution (bold, size 14 font)
- Program/Project name
- Amount Requested (bold, size 14 font)
- Name and professional title of person submitting the proposal
- Phone number (with area code)
- Email address
- Complete mailing address
- Brief overview of the program (300 words or less)
The project/program description should include the following:
- Background information on your institution including location, number of students and faculty, and related information.
- A clearly defined proposed project/program with goals stated as measurable objectives.
- A thorough timeline for the proposed project/program.
- A detailed budget for the proposed project/program.
- An explanation as to how you will evaluate the project/program and how success will be measured.
- An explanation of how other institutions or organizations could replicate the project/program.